Installing and linking Tempo for Slack
Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud
Note: if your version of Tempo Timesheets for Cloud does not include the Tempo sidebar, Tempo for Slack is not available to you.
The Tempo for Slack app guides through the installation process quickly and easily. After you have installed the app, you need only allow Tempo bot to access your Tempo timesheets data on your JIRA Cloud site and you are ready to begin logging work and reviewing your timesheet directly from Slack.
To install Tempo for Slack:
- Visit the Tempo for Slack page at http://tempo.io/tempo-for-slack/, then click Add to Slack.
- Select the Slack team you want to connect to Tempo.
- Click Authorize to allow Tempo access to your Slack team. The Tempo bot is created and added to the sidebar.
- Click Continue in Slack to complete the Installation.
- From Slack, direct message the Tempo bot and click Get started, then click the link as requested.
- Type the name of your JIRA cloud site, then click Continue.
- Click Grant Access to allow Tempo for Slack to access your Tempo data, and you are ready to start a conversation with Tempo bot in Slack and log work on JIRA issues.
Note: You can also access the Tempo for Slack page from the Slack app directory.