Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud
If you would like to use accounts to track hours associated with an issue or a worklog, you can do this by filling in the account field for an issue, or a work attribute field for a worklog.
If you wish to track time for both issues and worklogs, you can do both.
Linking issues to accounts
To use accounts to track hours on an issue:
- Ensure that your issue's project and the account are linked. For more information on linking projects and accounts, see this article.
- Make sure you have added the Tempo Account field to the Create or Edit screen of that issue.
- When creating or editing an issue, you can then select an account from the accounts that are linked to the project.
You can set a default account for your project by following the instructions in this article.
Linking worklogs to accounts
To use accounts to track hours on a worklog:
- Ensure that your worklog's project and the account are linked. For more information on linking projects and accounts, see this article.
- Create a work attribute with the type Account. For more information on using accounts as a work attribute, see this article. If you wish, you can make the account work attribute required.
- When you log work, the new work attribute field should appear automatically and allow you to pick from all of the accounts associated with the parent project.
If you have an account custom field for the parent issue as well as an account work attribute for the worklogs, you will be able to pick freely between time logged at the issue level and time logged at the level of individual worklogs.