Required Tempo product: Tempo Planner for Cloud
Required permission: Tempo Team Administrators or Team Leads
In Tempo Planner, Administrators and Team Leads can create plans for their teams and individual team members using the Timeline. Each user plan is automatically factored into the capacity and load for the team. Users can also plan work for themselves, and these plans, when approved, also factor into the overall team plan.
Planning work using the Timeline
You can click and drag across the Timeline to block out time for a new plan, or you can resize an existing plan to block out more or less time. If you already have an issue with a Planned Time estimate, you can simply drag it from the sidebar onto the team timeline and it will block out the appropriate amount of time.
- Click on the Tempo sidebar to access Tempo planning. The Team Timeline view is view is selected by default.
- Select the team you want to plan time for using the pull-down menu under the Teams header.
- On the team member's timeline, click and drag across the days you want to plan work for.
Alternately, if you already have an issue with a Planned Time estimate, you can simply drag it from the sidebar onto the team timeline. Time will be planned according to the estimate for this issue.
- In the Create Plan sidebar at the right, select the Plan item type. You can plan on Issues, Projects, Versions, Components, or Sprints. For more information, see Creating plans of different types.
- Select the Start Date and End Date for the block of planned time. You can do this either by dragging on the Timeline, or by using the date picker to select a date. If desired, specify a Start Time for the task.
- Select the level of commitment to the plan using the Planned time box.
- If Plan Approval is enabled, you are given the option to select a Reviewer for the plan. For more information, see Approving plans for your team.